Synthetic Turf Maintenance Guide
Congratulations, you've purchased a Synthetic lawn. There's not really a lot of maintenance you need to do, however some general upkeep maybe required.
- Pet or other animal urine - Try to remove and clean this up straight away with water and dish washing liquid. For lingering smells from pet deposits consider buying a deodoriser from your local pet store or make your own with equal parts of white vinegar and water combined with a small amount of dish washing liquid.
- Occasional brushing - Keep your synthetic lawn looking its best by giving it a occasional brush with a hard broom. If you have a larger area consider hiring a motorised broom from your local hire shop.
- Additional sand - The application of additional fine, dried and triple washed sand may be required if you've had a severe storm and some of the existing sand has washed away. This can generally be purchased from your local landscape yard or hardware store (20kg bags) and can be brushed in with a hard broom.
- Soft Stains - Such as soft drinks, alcohol, sauces, juices, some glues can be simply removed with water and dish washing liquid.
- Weeds - Very occasionally you may find weeds come through the drain holes of your turf, additionally weeds seeds may also lodge themselves into the sand underlay and could sprout. Simply pull these out by hand.
Need more information? Please call or email our office through the contact section of this website.